Selenium & Amino Acid Complex Re-Natured Tablets - 60 CT
is an essential trace mineral, and the body only requires small amounts
to function properly. It works as an antioxidant, especially when it
is combined with vitamin E. Antioxidants like seleium help in the fight
against damaging particles in the body known as 'harmful' free radicals -
it is essential for the good health of human beings.
of the selenium in the body comes from the diet, the amount of
selenium that is actually present in food depends on where it is grown
or raised - Brazil nuts, Crab, liver, fish, poultry, and wheat are
generally all good sources of selenium.
What is the role of Selenium in the body?
may help to prevent oxidative damage to the body from harmful free
radicals along with other antioxidants such as glutathione, vitamin C,
and vitamin E.
- its antioxidant properties may contribute towards slowing down the ageing process.
- It may help to protect against a number of degenerative disorders and chronic diseases
- It is incorporated into proteins to make selenoproteins, which are important antioxidant enzymes.
- It assists in keeping blood vessels healthy so is connected to the circulatory system
- It works synergistically with vitamin E
antioxidant properties may help to inhibit the development certain
diseases which may affect the heart and blood vessels and may cause
hardening of the arteries, (atherosclerosis) .
- It may play an essential role in the normal functioning of the immune system and thyroid gland.
- It plays an important role in the body's enzyme function, and may help to stimulate the production of antibodies.
- helps to induce the repair of DNA in damaged cells, so limits the growth of malformed cells
- It is critical for proper functioning of the thyroid gland and the production and regulation of thyroid hormones.
Why might you choose to take extra Selenium?
is regretfully deficient in most soils and therefore crops and fruits
worldwide. The average daily intake of selenium through dietary foods in
the UK is 29 - 36 micrograms per day. Many experts recommend that the
daily intake should be 200mcg (of elemental selenium).
The following groups of people who may benefit from the addition of selenium to the diet are as follows:-
- Consume large amounts of tea and coffee
- Poor Dietary Intake
- Smoke Cigarettes
- Consume Alcohol
- Have a malabsorption syndrome, such as Crohn’s disease or ulcerative colitis
- Take contraceptive pills
- Severe gastrointestinal disorders may decrease the absorption of selenium, resulting in selenium depletion or deficiency
- Trauma and burns patients
Why choose Grown By Nature's Re-Natured® Selenium?
Grown By Nature's Selenium
provides the nutrient in a Re-Natured® which means they will be
presented to your body in the same form as they are in food. Re-Natured®
nutrients have been tested by independent laboratories who found they
- significantly better absorbed, longer retained and better used than standard chemical supplements
- do not need to be taken with food as it contains all of the necessary food factors needed for absorption
- nourish whichever part of the body they are needed
- have no known allergic reactions
- suitable for vegans and vegetarians
Each tablet provides on average: % RDA+ Selenium 100 µg 181
100 µg (mcg)
Recommended Intake: One capsule daily as a food supplement or as directed by a practitioner
Allergy Concerns: No known allergic reactions. Contains no live yeast at time of manufacture
Grown By Nature Guarantees: FREE FROM, wheat, starch, gluten, milk products, (lactose), added sugars, colorings, flavorings and preservatives
*17.60 times greater antioxidant effect compared to USP (United States Pharmacopeia) grade nutrients.